Sometimes the end of roof usefulness may naturally come without your roof without any instance of a roof failure. The roof just appears old. However, if you delay the replacement of an old roof, it can lead to more significant issues in the future. It is, therefore, crucial to look for pointers that your roof requires replacement so that you can add the project to your plans.
It would be best to look for a professional roofer such as a roof replacement Summerville-based company for assistance with your replacement project.
Potential signs that you need to do roof replaced
- Bald spots in areas where granules are missing
- Curled Shingle edges or cupped shingle tabs
- Cracked shingles.
- The roof just appears old and worn.
- Your roof is more than 20 years old; Many shingles nowadays are made for durability; however, several factors might speed up the aging of the shingles. For instance, if the roof is not well ventilated, it might impact negatively the roof singles.
- Your neighbors fit new roofs. Houses built almost the same period will experience similar weather conditions. Thus, if you notice your neighbors who built their homes around the time you built yours, replacing their roofs, it is likely that your roof has reached its useful life.
- Dark streaks. Algae cause dark spots on roofs. While this might not necessarily cause any harm to the shingles, it may not appear suitable.
- Moss may grow on a roof surface that does not receive much sunlight, more so in cool, moist climates. The growth of moss could be more than a superficial issue. Moss holds moisture, and over a long period, in freezing climates might cause serious damage to the granules on the shingles. You can brush off moss, but that may not prevent new growth again.